Sunday, October 29, 2006

Double Dose

Saturday I went to yoga. I found a new instructor that is quirky, irreverant, demanding and amazing. I have so much to learn and finally feel like I can start improving my practice again. However, instead of the scheduled hour and half class, we did two hours of yoga. Not the best idea before a half marathon. I ran that the next day. It was actually a pretty intense week. I think I did a lot more exercise than I had either planned for or thought I did.

I later rode my bike to the climbing gym's member party. It would've been cool if I saw more people I knew and felt like climbing. They had a silent auction of people's left stuff. I thought that was kind of funny. If you left your stuff and never claimed it, it got auctioned. I am kind of amazed that people didn't bother to claim, oh, their CLIMBING SHOES or A WATCH, or their YOGA MAT. Do you not notice this stuff is missing? Do you not care? Unclear. I am a little anal about my stuff and well, I don't like to buy new stuff, so I tend to try to avoid leaving it behind or losing it. And if I am pretty sure I left it at the gym, I think I would go back and ASK. That part was amusing.

On another note, its daylight savings time again. Typically, daylight savings makes me want to crawl in a hole and not come out. I really like have afternoons to run and play in the sun. One of the luxaries of being a teacher if you can take advantage of it. So now it will be dark by 5ish soon and I will have to adjust. Really, its not that big a deal and I plan to try and implement the mantras of my new yoga instructor. OOOMMMMM! Its all in your head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home