Sunday, October 22, 2006

Victor and Loser

Another Bear win this weekend. It was a nail-biter of a game and hard fought. When the game went into OT after a Washington score to tie it in the last SECONDS of the game, I had to quickly find a place to watch. My local market often shows games on the TV by the butcher on weekends. It was off when I got there, but the butchers, ammused by my enthusiasm, quickly turned it on. The Bears defeated the Huskies, I bought some random groceries and headed home.

I saw Marie Antoinette last night. I liked Lost in Translation. A lot. Marie Antoinette was a very pretty film, but it was like watching a series of paintings - king and queen eating, king and queen getting into bed, revelry, excess. Eventually you kind of understand the amount of excess that went on during this time period and it was just boring. I later read the Wikipedia version of Marie Antoinette's life (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette) and it is actually far more interesting than was presented. Its not worth seeing in the theatre. Its not even really worth seeing. Just read about her online or get a historical book and save your $9. Sorry Sofia, but you produced a dud this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home