Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Three Things to Love

(1) Track practice
(2) Risotto
(3) Dark Chocolate

In that order. I went to track practice. The workout was a 5 minute run. Run as far as you can in 5 minutes, increasing speed each time. We ran it four times. I really like this workout. Its the second time we have done it, last time was for four minutes.

Delicious risotto. I don't really follow recipes. Some quantity of sauteed onion, mix in cup of arborio. Add broth of your liking (I used mushroom broth.) Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and red bell. Add some salt, white wine, pepper and various garden spices to rice and continue to simmer. At some point, cut carrots and some sort of green squash (I used something called a mayan squash, like a round zuchinni. When rice starts to get soft, add veggie mix, continue to simmer, adding butter, wine and more salt and pepper to your liking, until everything pretty much cooks through. Yummy. Risotto is such fun. Because you pretty much need random stuff and mix it in with some broth and butter and viola, you have a meal. Follow with a square of dark chocolate and its just about perfect. Sleep.

Oh, one more thing. I have a strange obsession with Battlestar Galactica, the new series. I can finally download it from iTunes, so forgive me if I start writing about television you could care less about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home