Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rain?!?

I ran eleven miles this morning through the trees. As usual, it was lovely. People were awfully friendly this morning, everyone was saying good morning to each other. Normally, I get vacant looks when I wave, say hi or good day. I had planned to head out with the track club, but I didn't really make the 8:30 call. It was more like 9:30 when I hit the trail. I hit the turn around point and cruised down the hill feeling strong and steady. Then at mile 9, I was feeling it. As I improve as a "runner" (I use that term somewhat losely...I was a swimmer years ago and that was something I actually excelled at, running not so much,) I find that what was once mile 5 for struggling was then mile 7 and now is mile 9. Mile 9 was, unfortunately, the stretch between the bridge and the kiosk that seems interminable regardless of how many miles I do. Double ugh. Its mental. Yes, my legs are fatigued, but really its this mental block I have to overcome. Think about something else. I got home, made a delicious lunch, and am now sitting here enjoying some coffee and dark chocolate listening to the rain. Rain?!? What the...?!? It was a drab dreary day and I am pretty annoyed that its been gray all week (this is why you don't want to move to California people...really,) and I was thinking some movies and planning after my run would do the trick. But rain?!? Really. I'm not ready for rain. I'm ready for summer, because, well this is usually when it happens where I live. Its too soon. Ah, well. Relaxed and high from a run, I think a movie and rain will just have to do. But tomorrow, no rain. Rainy days as a teacher are a fate close to death. No bathroom breaks, kids cooped up all day and dreary clouds make everyone a little more edgy. Maybe I will paint my windows with a sunny beach scene, then we will never know the difference. Window paint, anyone?

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger The Enforcer said...

Mmmmm...comment spam. Tastes like chicken!
=P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home