Thursday, April 12, 2007

Healthy Day #2

I have this hot brown dress and new strappy gold sandals. However, I haven't been exercising consistently in the last months and my diet has been horrible. I never eat fast food and I had it four times in the last two weeks. Instead of cooking regular breakfast, I keep waking up late and getting a coffee on my way or some other fat-laden, calorie heavy delight. I ate a student lunch one day because I was at Open House until 9 and didn't feel like stopping to get groceries or cooking. It consisted of tater tots and chicken sticks. I finished off a bag of jelly beans between Thursday afternoon and this past Tuesday on my drive. I had several dinners that involved consecutive snacking instead of making an actual meal. We all go through this, even the most disciplined fall. Having this break has helped me get back on track. Today, I walked a mile and a half to the trail head, ran four, then walked back. I washed my car. Then I made soup. It was a cold cucumber, yogurt soup with grilled salmon and a cucumber and pepper salsa. It was delicious. Two days of a return to a more normal exercise and diet schedule and I feel lighter, healthier and rested. Its amazing what a little adjustment can do. We should all have a few days of rest every four months or so. It does wonders for the body, mind and complexion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home