Friday, March 23, 2007

Return to Normal

I went and climbed today for the first time in awhile. One of the regulars asked me to climb with him, then proceeded to make me do laps. Climbing laps are a great way to get in shape, but incredibly painful if you are out of shape. Kind of like anything. I did a 5.9 for three laps, and then died. I got a break while he did 5 laps on a much harder route. Then I did 5 laps on a different 5.9. Its funny because despite how infrequently I have been climbing the last several months, due to all the bouldering, I have reached a point where 5.9 is pretty easy. It used to be a bit of a struggle. It felt so great. In the last week, I feel like my life has returned to me. I am in control of my job situation. I am finally getting back to exercising because my allergies and infections are getting better. I almost feel like December to March are wasted months for me. Somehow I have to get a handle on the allergies and stress that tend to control my life during those months, not to mention the winter blahs, which were not nearly as bad as last year. It just feels great. In the next months, I will decide on a new employer, find a new home and be illness free. And I can not wait to do some backpacking soon. Return to calm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home