Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You're SOOO Jealous

I have managed three days without getting called in for jury duty (and now I am going to jinx it.) So today, I woke up at 9 am, did some clean up, had some coffee and a light breakfast. I went and mailed my taxes (okay, you're not jealous about that if you get a refund,) and then went to do some shoe shopping to go with my dress for bro's wedding. Then, I remembered it was farmer's market day! I went to the gym did some stretching, ran some sprints on the moving floor, did some weights and more stretching and abs. After a pretty good sweat, I showered and got in the sauna, relaxing for a good 20 minutes. By then it was time for the farmer's market. Hurray! I never go because it is either at the time yoga is on Saturday or Wednesday afternoon. Usually staff meetings are on Wednesdays. So I meandered over to the market. I got beets, English cucumbers, various herbs, lettuce, these round cucumbers, STRAWBERRIES, and a jar of these heirloom tomatoes. I came home after getting some other misc at the regular market and then I cooked. I made the most wonderful polenta, tomato and squash pie. Swirling yellow, red and green and delicious. I cooked up some polenta (add fresh herbs - rosemary and sage - and salt.) While that bubbled I sliced the round zuchinni into the bottom of the pan and covered with olive oil. When the polenta was cooked I poured it over the zuchinni, then added a layer of the heirloom tomatoes and a layer of parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes more or less - VIOLA! Finish off with some jasmine tea and strawberries in a little cream and its the perfect late afternoon lunch. What a perfectly lovely day! Let's hope no jury duty tomorrow so I can do more of this wonderful dallying.

Admit it, I may not be in Hawaii, but: you're still jealous.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Biting Tongue said...

Holy shit! I'm salivating. Wow! Make that for me!

-bt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home