Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ta-da

At this very moment, I hold three offers of employment in my hand and I have an interview with a fourth district on Tuesday. It kind of feels like when I applied to college and got those acceptance letters back from my first and second choice. Of course, makes for some hard decision making, but its really quite cool.

I finally decided that despite the sheer beauty of where I live, there is not much else keeping me here. On average, three out of four weekends I tend to travel 50 minutes north to hang out with friends. I can make about 10,000 more a year moving there, and cost of living is about the same, if not less. And my allergies, either due to my apartment or the environement, are horrible here. I have had six terrible sinus infections in the last year, all allergy induced.

Oh, and yes, all the offers are districts to the north. So, while there are a few little things I will be giving up, it hardly outweighs the great big things I will be gaining. So, this is all pretty exciting. Its funny, someone said to me, my parents must be proud. Sure, okay, but I'm kind of an adult now, and I work freakin' hard, I am smart and in a lot of ways I am good at what I do, so I'm damn proud. There were hundreds of people at this job fair. Mind you, I am certain there are a lot of positions as well, but to have three offers and a fourth interview, that is darn impressive. So, I am going to be insanely conceited right now because goodness knows for all the crap I had been feeling lately, this is a welcome change of fortune.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger The Enforcer said...

YAY!! Isn't choice a great thing?! Congratulations to you!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Biting Tongue said...

Seriously! Congrats!!! I'm proud of you.

-bt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home