Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sccrrraaatcch, Scccrrrattcch

Ugh. They are back. Last year I just thought I was going mad. The neighbor never heard them. What creatures? In what walls? In our walls, you say, hmmmm, nope, never heard 'em. Are you DEAF?!? It sounds like they are about the come through the walls. I was awakened last night to the sound. I thought I might turn my light on and see a little or BIG head pop through the wood. EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I am not a squemish person. I can just about handle anything and understand that animals, people, whatever, inhabit this urban space. Heck, I let the spiders live in happy peace with me because they keep the ants away. And, well, who likes ants in their kitchen. But mice, rats or whatever else, do not get to come in my house. When they wake me up durn near scratching their way into my space, it really creeps me out. Its not a big space. There is no room for a rodent. There is barely enough room for me. So, rodent, sorry you do not like the cold and rain outside, but you has gots to go because THERE IS JUST NO ROOM AT THE INN! And your constant scampering and scratching at 3 a.m. is disturbing my precious sleep. The rodent-taker-carer-ofer has been called and will certainly do some awful thing to the poor beasts who just want a warm home. I, however, will not be picketing for the rodents right-to-life. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home