Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hey USuC...

Did you really only score nine points against UCLA?!? Did you really lose to UCLA?!? It was beautiful. The mighty giant CRUSHED by its long time cross city rival. Tears rolled down my face. It wasn't a Bear victory, but it was sweet, nonetheless.

The Bears on the other hand played a down right piss poor game against our nemesis in Cardinal Red. It was like watching the Bears from the days of Holmoe. You might want to scratch your eyeballs out in frustration. Nonetheless, we won and I enjoyed a thoroughly rowdy time at a local sports bar. Apparently the owner of this establishment has an agreement with a former mike-man from Florida State. About two or three hours after the Cal game started, people donning blue and orange and carrying an assortment of Gator paraphernalia marched in. Let me tell you, those Gator fans know how to do it right. No foolin', they brought a CD player and hooked it up so they could pump in their fight music every so often. Everyone was dressed for the game. There were raffles. They even supported the Bears, to their credit. It was an impressive show.

BT and I ran a race in the morning, I the 10K, she the 17K, and then spending the entire afternoon in a pub, cheering and imbibing, is somewhat exhausting. I crashed out soon after dinner. This morning I woke up really early, before everyone else. By the time people got up, I was feeling pretty cranky and with no reasonable excuse. I just really wanted to get home. Some friends were in from out of town and I really wanted to spend some time with them, but a series of idiotic events, left me snarly, surly and on my way back to Santa Cruz.

Since my Thanksgiving holiday, I have been confronted with newly awakened demons. The bottom line is me, but also my feelings of disappointment with others in my life. It is probably one of those underlying feelings of disappointment in myself caused by something not yet determined that leaves me feeling miffed by others actions.

For example: Friend from out of town with new baby - who after dissing me previously, when I was in their neck of the woods for a week, I graciously sent a baby gift to and decided to forgive and forget - called to tell me he would be in town with wife and baby and would love to see me. I said I would be doing a race Saturday morning, but was otherwise very flexible, and to give me a call when they figured out their plans. (Even willing to miss the watching of the Big Game with friends to head an hour north to visit.) That call came very late Sunday and I was then two hours in the opposite direction. Perhaps I shouldn't be annoyed because life with a baby is stressful. I am. Pick up the phone, say I'm sorry things got bad and we won't be able to meet up. I just don't get it.

Obviously, the wonderfulness of other friends in my life greatly outweighs this, so I should say thank you and get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home