Sunday, September 17, 2006

Extreme Pain

I turned on the television and some show with people doing extreme (and extremely dumb) sports was on. It always looks a lot worse than it is, right?!? The kite surfer who was dragged across the rocks and then slammed into the water was pretty gnarly. And the repeated showing of his crash caused me to cover my eyes and cringe. Ooooowwwww. Okay, yes I started rock climbing, but its a rather risk free, controlled environment at the gym (although at some point I will do it outside.) I don't get the whole extreme sports thing. I like feeling good. I like the rush of getting to the top of the mountain or finishing a race. I like pushing my body to certain limits, but broken bones and concussions don't interest me all that much. I really cringe when they show the shots of people falling on their crotch. Aaaaiieee. I also find it pretty interesting that it is almost always men doing these things. Like the Jack@#$ guy and his crew, all boys. Is there some wiring in the male brain that women don't possess that leads to a higher incidence of such acts of genius? Sorry boys, but I just don't see the point.

Another great weekend. Saturday I did my long run and I couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Today was equally as beautiful. California suck$, don't move here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home