Monday, August 28, 2006

Picture It
















Just some random China pics.

Today was a good day at school. I think the kids had fun and so did I. I always have to remember that the beginning of the year is a process. So that is my reflection for the day.

According to the coin toss I did in the first fountain with the bare-bottomed, joined-hand children (actually, there is probably a more culturally senstive name for this, but I don't know it...) I should soon be gaining power and love. I suppose that is a strange combo. You stand on the stones with the symbol for different things - love, power, marriage, wealth, family - and toss the coin. If it lands in the center a booming voice laughs. I thought that a little ironic. Why couldn't it go "Woh-hoo!" The laugh really felt more like, "yeah right, chump!" I kind of like the idea of power and love coming without wealth, marriage and family. That works.

The second photo on the right is a night scene near the river that runs through Nanjing. We went for a boat ride on the river. It had that similar feel to the runs I used to do in the botanical gardens in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, past the charco - beauty with faint smell of stagnant sewer water. Eww.

The third photo is a woman stringing silk cocoons over a bamboo arc. She looks to be 80, but her hands are that of a much younger woman. I think I would wrap my face in it, as that is the case. Who cares about my silly hands?!? Young and beautiul forever!

Speaking of young and beautiful, I want to share an email my mom got from a friend. Something all women can appreciate. It's pretty funny.

"
So Friday, I go to the dr for my final check up for my shoulder. She proceeds to weigh me. After I ask why they insist on weighing you for a stupid shoulder injury, I think..okay, its time. Its now time to look at the scale - after the past 3 visits of not looking. I remembered what you and J said ---- that Oprah says " you own the number". Well I proved old Oprah wrong. I don't own that number. That number belongs to the fat lady in the circus. I need to find the person who has my number by mistake.

In the meantime, I spent last nite cooking my lunches for this week. I got all my 5 baggies of oatmeal together and my fruits. And I cooked all my veggies and grilled my chicken. Until I find the b*#@h who stole my number, I'll just have to eat different. No more sodium laden Smart Ones for lunch..I made my own. If you see the tramp with my number around..jump her and get it back for me."

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home