Sunday, April 11, 2010

Its settled then...


I realize I may be stressing out way too soon, but I think it was sticker shock. We looked at another venue this morning and it was perfect. The site coordinator was very pleasant and seemed organized, and pleased to have us there, unlike yesterday's rather bored coordinator. The site is absolutely gorgeous and includes a lot of niceties that the other sites didn't - umbrellas, heat lamps, cocktail tables near the dancing, fireplace, a bride's room with champagne and hors d'oeuvres for the bridal party. It is indoor/outdoor with great big trees all around and sweeping views. It was a little on the higher priced side, but we decided that it was worth doing the cheaper Friday event for the venue. It may exclude more people, but honestly if they want to be there, they will. If not, more cake for us.

It looks like June of 2011 is the proposed date. My mom thinks we should do it this August or September. That is certainly an idea, but it doesn't really save us any more money, unless we did Friday and August or September. They are offering $1000 off for their bookings late summer or early fall of this year, which is nice, but it doesn't make a Saturday event any more feasible. It also doesn't give much time to those on the East Coast to save money and make arrangements. Another advantage to a Friday date is that we can do something Saturday with our out of town (state) guests. So its settled.

Now that that much is taken care of, it feels like a load off my mind. I haven't been sleeping well these past months and the initial stress of planning a wedding to boot wasn't helping. I think a lot of it has to do with how toxic my work environment continues to be, and really wanting to be done there. The addition of a wedding to our life has somewhat forced me to rethink my plan of finding a new job this summer. Rain, lack of sleep, the ending of my Spring break, its making it hard to want to push through those final months and conceive another year of it. I know, boo-hoo, getting married to a wonderful man, get all this time off, life is so hard. Now if I could just get my brain to stop and rest at night.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger The Enforcer said...

DJC and I are also doing a Friday wedding. We had the exact same thought...if people want to come, they'll be there.

Congrats on finding a venue!! Its SO stressful and I totally understand what you're going through. I can't tell you how many times I almost decided to cop out and not do it. Great that you found a place!

The bad news is that all of the stressful stuff is just starting.... =(

Hang in there, though! Eventually, it will be fun. I promise. Hugs!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Miss E. said...

Thanks! Sending good thoughts your way too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home