Monday, April 05, 2010

30% Premium

I live in a lovely, wonderful place, and today, while on spring break, got to attend a fabulous yoga class and drive home along one of the prettiest roads in the country. (Next time I'll take my bike since it won't be raining.) As the rain cleared and the sun peaked through the clouds, I couldn't help but feel just pretty darn happy. However, I pay a premium to live here.

Now, I am learning about a new premium - the cost of getting married. Our thought was to keep it local so that my beau's out of staters could enjoy a destination wedding of sorts. Fortunately, the venues we have seen so far do not have the wedding season increase, but man this stuff is expensive. We are pretty simple. It is important, as JE has said several times, that we don't create giant piles of stuff that is just going to get thrown away. He has done enough trips to the dump to know how much stuff people throw away. The idea of amassing stuff is troublesome to us as well. We would like to support local businesses, keep costs down, and be as "green" as possible. Somehow, you get going and it is somewhat overwhelming. Now that I have a little down time and have worked out possible case scenarios, I am starting to feel better and starting to sleep again.

I think I am wedding-planned out for the day and my patio and book are calling to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home