Monday, September 01, 2008

Misc. Ramblings

My response to a beginning of the year letter from a student:
...It’s too bad you don’t like your new cousins. I had some cousins that I didn’t like when I was little, so I would play with the ones I did like. One of my cousins was really mean. He was also very big and used to threaten me. His grandfather used to grab his ear when my cousin was in trouble. My cousin would only listen to his grandfather. He never listened to anyone else, not even his mom. He’s an adult now and is in jail. It is very sad. His grandfather would be heartbroken if he were still alive. I guess he never learned how to be nice..."

Yeah, I couldn't help myself.

Part of an annoying forward I got:
...(1) God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts...

How a certain member of my family deals with the latter:
...Glad to hear your doing well. Could you be so kind as to take me off your list? I have issues with some of your comments. To imply that praying will get you what you want/need and that's all there is to it is offensive. There are some really destitute people out there who I'm sure believe in god and pray and hope just as much as you, and their prayers don't get answered. Assuming god did answer your prayers to supply you with more money to continue your permanent vacation, I have to conclude that he's an ass. He could be spending his time in much more productive ways, like protecting poor Muslim villagers in Dar fur from the Christian militias that have been burning their villages and raping their women. Next time you talk to him, tell him to get his priorities straight...

What I hope to accomplish this year:
Balance.

How I will accomplish it:
Fail and fail beautifully. Because success is not an option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home