Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics Recap

After seeing Phelps do that scream and muscle flex of his with that over-protruding chin eight times, JE got up to do several repeats of the pose that had me in stitches. Phelps is a wonder, but man, could someone reset his jaw please. I know, I know, petty, but how else am I supposed to feel good about my own accomplishments. The man made history.

Watching the women's clean and jerk, the gold medalist does 409 pounds to which I say, "Holy, freakin' cow!" And JE says, "You said it." Yup, god bless the woman who can hurl a refrigerator over her head.

Women's beach volleyball. The only thing that allowed me to watch the majority of the Olympics because JE would get so excited. Uh-huh, she wore an itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny red, blue and white bikini.

Women's softball. PAINFUL! The poor Chinese pitcher pitched the equivalence of half the average number of pitches in a normal men's baseball game in ONE INNING against the US women. Apparently, there will be no softball in 2012 due to lack of international competition.

Robbed, robbed, robbed. Apparently, if you fall on your arse doing a more difficult vault, you get a better score than if you practically nailed two consecutive vaults. Alicia Sacramonte was ROBBED! Even Bela Karoly said it, even if he is biased.

Men's floor routines. I so wanted the Brazilian to win. He was just so cute and he was Brazil's shining glory for gymnastics. His routine was awesome until that final pass. The look on his face when he hit the mat was so sad. Stunned.

Run, Forest, run. "Gun, off the blocks, so fast I am running... that I think I will slow... down... now... because I won. Sweet, record time!" -Usian Bolt. Are you kidding me? Next time give us 100% you lazy, lazy man.

Men's 10,000m. 25 laps around a track. They were like a train - legs synchronized like the side rods that propel the train's wheels. And then the Ethiopian takes the lead and takes it home.

Give me MORE!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger The Enforcer said...

The more I see of Usain Bolt, the less I like him. There's a fine line between arrogance and laid back confidence and Bolt's WAY over it. His little antics before and after a race piss me off.

Regarding Michael Phelps' jaw, I said the same thing to DJC! His underbite kills me! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home