Thursday, August 21, 2008

Movin' on up


As if I need to add one more thing to the craziness that usually comes with the beginning of the year, it looks like we are moving. I was very apprehensive at this prospect, because eventually the homeowner will move into the unit in order to remodel the existing main house. Everything is brand new, which is sort of exciting and a little scary. I tend to be pretty low on the wear, but JE tends to be a little rougher. We are moving back to the neighborhood I previously lived in and back to the place where we met. Ohhhhh, isn't that sweet.

Things I will not miss: the bums that walk by our windows, the mold that grows in giant patches after the rain because the outside corner of the building is exposed, the ugly patches from water leakage from the broken pipes and upstairs unit, water backed up in the sink because the pipes are just old, old, old, and the number one thing I won't miss is being on the ground floor. Dark and not very earthquake safe - squish.

Things I will miss: Being close to downtown, my run route to the lighthouse along the cliffs, and my upstairs golf buddy.

The thing about the things I will miss is that they still kind of go with us. Downtown and lighthouse are just further and I just have to make more of an effort for golf or time with my old neighbor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home