Monday, July 07, 2008

Life in the Smoke

Yeah, yeah, California is burning. I went on a week break and without wanting probably inhaled the equivalent, without the filter, of a couple packs of cigarettes from the forest fire smoke. Bleh. Its sort of getting in the way of my marathon training. Yesterday's 20 miler was tough. I sucked wind like never before. I have experienced achy, tight legs, soreness elsewhere, but short of breath is a new one for me. I feel for people with asthma (although I was told I have lower than normal lung function myself.) This week I am resolved, trying to embrace the choice I have made in terms of work. Today, I hung out with my plants, did laundry, some shopping, groceries, all the mundane tasks that keep everything else running smoothly. It was a nice day. Oh, the picture is the smoke/fog where I live. So, I went from and air quality index of about 180 to about 111. Burn, baby, burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home