Saturday, June 14, 2008

Let the Games Begin...

Schools out. I spent my first official day off cleaning house - thrilling. Cleaned for about an hour in the morning, then sat down with my book and coffee and promptly fell back asleep. Got up and finished cleaning. Just sort of felt like sitting around and doing nothing. I read some more and now I need to go for a run/walk and do some yoga. But I'm sort of lagging. It was nice to end a very challenging year with lots of positive comments and a very generous gift from my class. A new digital camera. It came at quite an opportune time. In fact, that very morning I had been thinking about how I would like to get a new camera. My parents got me a very nice camera one year for Christmas. It was in my purse when the purse fell to the floor in an airport bathroom on a trip. It has since been duct taped to keep the battery door from coming open. It tends to get very cranky at me when I try to take pictures and they often come out blurry. It might be a nice one to donate to the school.

Top ten things I am looking forward to this summer:
(1) The Olympics. I love sports. I love the victories, the defeats, hearing the national anthems, all of it. 8/08/08 baby!
(2) Marathon training and getting down to a more ideal running weight.
(3) The lake trip. Fourth of July is always cool spent in the middle of a lake in a boat watching the fireworks directly overhead.
(4) Doing NOTHING. There will be moments when I just sit and read and sit and read and sit and read. Sweet!
(5) Tourists. NOT. They suck, they fill the streets and don't know how to drive. I won't be looking forward to that this summer. But I sure will be glad when they leave.
(6) Working on my own time schedule. You didn't actually think we took the WHOLE summer off, please.
(7) Hanging with boyfriend, friends and family. Its nice to have extra time for that.
(8) Farmer's Market. Its Wednesdays from 2-6, so I can never go. Now I can.
(9) Alone time. A break from 20 bodies needing something, time just for moi.
(10) Sleep. As much as I want, as long as I want, whenever I want. Lots of glorious, glorious sleep.

Be jealous, its okay. I won't try to pretend I'm not rubbing it in because I am. But hey, this is the trade off. Feel free to hop on board. Happy summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home