Monday, June 16, 2008

Ice Cream Bliss...

Every so often, I feel the need to share a particularly wonderful find. This summer's wonderful treat is Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss ice cream. I have never been a huge ice cream person. I used to love to go to the plaza when I lived in San Miguel de Allende and get ice cream from the horse drawn wagon, but most of the time the milk bothers me. In China, ice cream was oddly flavored, but often milk free and stomach friendly. The best ice cream we had was eggplant with chocolate covering. I never quite figured that one out. I kept asking "chietzuh?" (totally spelled as phonetically as I can figure) and the response was yes. It was purple too. It was a wonderful treat at the end of a long hot day of teaching in an non air conditioned classroom.

Sometimes I buy those tofutti cutie ice cream bars because I feel like a different dessert. They're small and my boyfriend doesn't eat dessert (huh?) so I can't end up overeating. Really they are only kind of good. This new ice cream, however, is divine. Sometimes I like cold ice cream with strawberries or some other summer berry as a dessert. As I said before, I can't really do the milk thing. I tried the Coconut Bliss vanilla. It has a pretty strong coconut taste, but I really like coconut. Then I tried the dark chocolate. YUM! My standard dessert is a square of dark chocolate and some tea. Summer doesn't really elicit feelings of warm tea. But now we have glorious dark chocolate ice cream - plenty creamy and rich, not overly sugary, and free of milk. If you go to their website they claim all sorts of health benefits from coconut, too. Needless to say, I was pretty excited about this find. It will keep me happy during the next few months and undoubtedly help my marathon training.

In other news, today I found out some news about my class next year. I had prepared myself for this possibility. I had gone over in my head all the possible solutions and pretty much came to the conclusion that I would be teaching a 4/5 combo next year. It sort of stinks after such a challenging year being ALL on my own to have to go through that again. I was really looking forward to having someone share the burden. Having the same students is not a big deal. Moving classrooms is not a big deal. Feeling like I am without support again, well, that sort of stunk. But I am getting pretty aggressive about making my needs known and everyone, parents and administration, know that I will do a great job. Many of them even asked if I would be going to 5th grade. Looks like they go their wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home