Friday, January 05, 2007

Serves me right

For having gloated that I am on vacation, I spent the majority of it sick. Not as sick as some, however, so I should feel fortunate. I actually slept through New Year's eve with an ear infection. I thought I was more clever than the infection. I was so diligent. Sudafed 12-hour in the morning, saline rinse at night and lots of liquids and lonzenges. Everything seemed to be in my favor. Unfortunately, emotional turmoil tends to exhaust the body and make it susceptible to infection. Add in a night of no sleep and you can pretty much forget staying healthy. The ear ache was so painful, I finally had to get antibiotics. I really don't like taking antibiotics. Also while the ear ache has cleared, signs of sinus flare up have surfaced and I am beginning to wonder if climbing chalk is making it worse. Chalk has a tendency to get into passages and trap icky bacteria, so my guess is, yes. When I lived in Mexico, the classrooms had chalkboards. I had several bouts of bronchial pnuemonia because the chalk dust. Perhaps steering clear of the climbing gym while recovering is a good idea.

I have managed my goal of saving money this break, considering the only thingsI have done have been to sleep and read a lot. It is sort of normal. When the body is given time to rest and recover, it pretty much wants to do just that. I am of the opinion that getting sick is a lot of mental stuff telling the body its time to break. Oh, I also realized something over the break. I don't like teaching first grade. In fact, I downright hate it. I thought it was a time thing and you just had to find your stride. No stride here, I truly am not a match for first grade. Plain and simple, its just not a good fit. It was a good thing. I do not have to beat myself up that I am not doing a good job or put in more hours to make it better. No amount of time is going to make it better. Lets just consider it a bad relationship, we just were not meant for each other. And like many of my bad relationships - as it has been pointed out to me - I tend to invest a lot more time into than they do and it really just makes me miserable. Therefore, I guess my goal for 2007 is to make efforts towards ending/mending bad relationships and asserting myself and my own needs. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home