Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Catharsis

Sometimes the release that you need comes in the form of karaoke at a random neighbors' house. Actually, it was before that. The kick I needed to get me out of whatever funk I was in came and the release was long since needed. I couldn't figure out what was bothering me and when I finally did, it was so cathartic. Wednesday I went to track practice and hoped that would get me back in the game. It helped. Thursday I had a climbing lesson and that helped even more. But when you can finally release yourself from someone that is bringing you down, it is so liberating. That was what I needed. It came in the form of a great and random Friday afternoon and night. This afternoon, I climbed. My body is totally fatigued because I haven't used those muscle groups in so long and my mind was cleared by the intensity of the climbing and then I felt the release of not feeling like someone else was in control.

There is no point wasting ones time with someone who doesn't know how or doesn't feel like treating you respectfully. I tell my students something along those lines, but I myself can't quite figure out how to get away from people who aren't respectful.

I returned from China happy and refreshed. It didn't take long to feel rejected and down. But that was because I let someone take over control. Somehow I thought that I would rise in their eyes by letting them be in control. When I realized I was the person that mattered, the anxiety and anger suddenly subsided.

I am back to being me and I have awesome friends to tell me that I am worth more than that person was worth.

I learned that my neighbor is quite the karaoke lover, too. It was utterly fun. I recommend karaoke at some random person's house and a good climb. For me that did the trick. Glad you're back in the game, my dear. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home