Sunday, October 02, 2011

I...want...to...RUUUUUNNN!

Swim, bike, exercise, whatever! Oh, so very frustrated with my leg. Last week I tried a little strength training, followed by a VERY easy swim the next day and seemed okay. Then I went to the PT on Wednesday. He poked, prodded, moved me in ways that caused pain. And guess what...the week of COMPLETE rest, completely undone. I'm supposed to be doing these exercises and very subtly move, but even subtle movements means later pain...that's not good. Its funny. Last year, this time, I injured my foot. My guess, and the irony, is that if I had undergone physical therapy then for my foot and corrected a problem that was way less painful (at least I could swim), I would not be in this predicament. But, instead, I went to a podiatrist, who shot me full of cortisone, put me in a boot for 6 weeks, and ordered me to rest. When things didn't get better (ie, I couldn't go back to running), I went to see an ortho, got an MRI and was told I probably needed surgery. I know there are people out there who have ideas about how athletes (and I say that loosely) should be treated. I would like to find one.

I go back to PT tomorrow and will inform my PTist that his exercises cause me pain or he caused me pain. I would like to have some relief from my pain. I would like some exercises that after doing them a few times, relieve my pain. I don't want to be in PAIN anymore! I guess its time to get mad and take control.

So much for my happiness project...I guess that's my new happiness project - pain free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home